Monday, February 9, 2009

Shredding the Nar

Scoot and I went home to Cleveland this weekend to surprise the rents and go snowboarding with my sis and Brett. While they're semi-professional snowboarders, we suck and spent a good portion of the day on our asses (which I'm still feeling). Luckily, Brett caught a clip of Scoot making his way down the slope...enjoy!




I love this video and will hold on to hit for as long as I possibly can for a few reasons:

1. It's hilarious...I always find any video (or real live shot) of someone biting it hilarious.

2. Scoot is the most athletic person I know and it's classic to see him suck at something. I got enjoyment out of it the entire day. He beats me at everything (except scrabble and the radio game might I note), so being able to snowboard better than him gives me true joy.

3. After the first spill he gets right back up, smiles right into the camera and then BAM he's on his ass rolling sideways down the hill. It's fantastic.

Ok, enough. I'll pay for this post in some shape or form tonight. Must be tough, Scoot, we've finally found SOMETHING you're not good at!

4 comments:

  1. Semi-professional snowboarders? Thanks for the compliment... but I don't think we're there yet! Although I do agree with you that it is nice being better at a sport than my super athletic sister and her even more athletic boyfriend! Especially since out of the four of us I'm the dud that wasn't a college athlete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Rents!?" What the heck is that?
    An upset English major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh dad, learn short term - it will help with your texting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! And yes, finally, Mr. Rice is bad at something. I'm sure somehow he justified his fall with blaming the ground, or the snow, and said it while talking with his hands.

    ReplyDelete