Monday, January 12, 2009

Are you there, Blogosphere? It’s me, S&S

I can’t believe it, I’m finally here. And, even more unbelievable, I FINALLY followed through with a New Year’s resolution. WOW. Feels good, feels real good.

So, I guess I should start by sharing the reasons for why I’ve decided to start this blog…

1. I’m not the best person at keeping in touch. Scratch that, I’m probably one of the worst. I don’t do cards, I hate talking on the phone…the only thing I’m okay at (and I stress the word okay) is email. But, emailing everyone takes time (time that I don’t have)…so I’m hoping this blog makes up for my inability to keep in touch.

2. I like to write. And, I tell myself that I should write more. Not that I don’t write a ton for my job, I do…but, it’s not always the kind of writing I like doing.

3. I love blogs. I love reading blogs – probably read about 20 a day (when works not psychotic) – and I wanted to get in on the fun.

So, with those three reasons, here I am. I’m not quite sure what I’m going to talk about, or where this blog will lead, but I’m hoping that my friends and family will get some sort of enjoyment out of it. And, that it will take me on a new adventure…I need some sort of new adventure as I approach my quarter life crisis (joking, joking)!

With no ideas jumping out at me (here comes the writer’s block), I’ve decided to share some thoughts I’ve had thus far on 2009:

  • What is UP with the gym? The past few weeks at the gym have been absolutely MIZ. All these people refuse to workout the other 11 months of the year and then BAM, January comes and everyone’s there, stealing every treadmill, clogging up the locker room…you catch my drift.


  • Why do stores like the Gap, J Crew and Banana Republic deem it necessary to bring out their SPRING LINES - bright colored tank tops, sundresses, shorts – in the middle of January?! News flash: THIS IS CHICAGO. Walking down Michigan Avenue in a blizzard and looking in store windows to see flip flops is my definition of depressing. Come on peeps at least wait until the lake unfreezes!

    On a more positive note…

  • I’m IN LOVE with awards season. Although I could give a crap who won best actress, there is nothing better than watching the runway recaps and commenting with my fellow PR girls on who was a hit and who was a miss. I also find it extremely comical to watch the after show on E!. Anyone catch that last night? What was up with John Voight and how many glasses of Black Label did he down?


  • My boyfriend – whom I will introduce to the blogosphere as Scoot – and I just booked a trip to Vegas in March. HALLELUJAH! Boy do I need a vacation. Being an ex college basketball player he’s pretty juiced about being able to make sports bets – in Vegas, the kingdom of sports bets – on the brink of March Madness. Me, I can’t wait to sunbathe, shop at the Palazzo and drink free martinis while playing video poker. I know…I’m easy to please.


  • My roommate, Red, joined Match.com – with a little coaxing from myself – and I must say, I’m really enjoying it. Being in a serious relationship, I live vicariously through her from time to time. Red and I have had some great nights curled up on the couch with a glass of wine, surfing Match.com. You wouldn’t believe the types of guys that live in this city – who knew?!? Thank god for the “turn-on” section of the profile. Without it we wouldn’t have known that talldarkandfun3 likes body piercings and baysidehi9 is into erotica. It’s a scary world out there girls. Be careful.

    That’s all for now.

    S&S

3 comments:

  1. Insightful, witty, charming...just who is "S&S"? Must come from good stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog... all of my friends thought it was hilarious! FYI: I have a quarter-life crisis book... I'll bring it to you this weekend. :) Keep us posted on Ash's match.com situation, I love online dating stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog...it seriously is a good way to know what you are doing ha...facebook def doesnt provide enough anymore

    ReplyDelete