Sunday, March 29, 2009

Entertaining Myself During March Madness

Basketball, basketball, basketball and more basketball. For the past week, it's all been about basketball. I wouldn't expect anything else since I'm dating an ex division one ball player, but come on, enough! It's finally the final four, and I'm finally over it all.

Don't get me wrong, I love to go to the bar, throw back a few and watch a good game, especially if it's Carolina (my sis is a Tarheel and since the Phoenix didn't make it, the heels are my team by default). And, some of the games I've actually enjoyed -- Pitt/Villanova yesterday and the Michigan State game on Friday. But, I enjoy the last 5 minutes, when it's neck and neck and you have no idea who's gonna take it. I could deal without the other 35 minutes. 

So...on this blizzardy Sunday in Chicago, when I've already been to the gym and the grocery and all there's left to do is watch basketball, I'm finding ways to keep myself busy:

1. READING: I needed a new book to read so my friend brought a few over: The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters and I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. I loved She's Come Undone by Lamb so I'm hoping this one's just as good. It always takes me about a week to find a new book after I finish a really good one. I just finished The Friday Night Knitting Club and was devastated to find out on the last page that I would no longer be able to spend my train rides with Walker & Daughter. Depressing. The Times nailed it when they said it's "a Steel Magnolias set in Manhattan." The sequel needs to come out stat. I feel like I've been waiting years for the next Jennifer Weiner book.

 
2. SHOPPING: When bored and everyone in your apartment is watching basketball, online shop. I can't get enough of Victoria Secret online, I just ordered another bathing suit since my monokini's not the best with tan lines (praying that the snow will melt and sunshine will magically appear):


3. COOKING: Tonight my good friend Carrie and I will be making dinner for our boyfriends (college bball teammates who haven't missed one second of March Madness). On the menu: goat cheese and sundried tomato stuffed chicken (a Bethenny Frankel - my fav RHNYC - recipe):


I'll let you all know how it turns out. With reading, shopping, recipe hunting and blogging, I just got myself most of the way through the first half!


Happy Sunday (and March Madness) to all!

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS HOW I FEEL EVERYDAY! And the worst part is...now we're into GOLF season and I still can't hold the remote! Thank God for Nook Fiction and Books. I'm right there with you. Ugh...boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever put together a spring fashion kit? We want to see it!
    - The Internet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how are doing book reviews - keep them coming! Make sure to bring the Knitting Club and the bathing suit to the lakehouse - cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your blog at Everyday Adventures and love your writing.

    I read Friday Night Knitting Club also and was SO mad at the end that Georgia died. I thought it was so unnecessarily depressing!

    ReplyDelete