Monday, March 16, 2009

SPRING FEVER

We can finally see the light in the Windy City. We've had three nice (sunny) days in the middle of March and the beautiful weather is predicted to last throughout the rest of the week. Hallelujah!

The city is filled with people that have been cooped up all year. That's the funny thing about Chicago. Those who call this wonderful city home chose to live in a place where Winter takes its course for the majority of the year, but when nice weather hits, Chicagoans are out. You'd think we have a city full of outdoorsmen (and women). Funny that we all chose to just deal with (and painfully accept) the long winter. 

There are a few things I get the itch for once this weather hits (can you blame me?):

1. Running by the lake

Come January 1, I'm over the treadmill. Absolutely 100% done with staring at a wall and running at a set pace. I can't deal. Tonight, I came home from work, changed and took off. It felt so good. I feel like I released twice as many endorphins -- the jogging path was packed with people running, roller blading and biking. It was amazing and much needed after the way work has been in recent months. I can't wait for a repeat tomorrow night. 

2. Grilling

I think everything tastes better on the grill -- grilled vegetables, burgers (turkey now for me), fish, chicken, everything. We finally cracked and bought a grill last year on the fourth of July and I can't wait to fire that bad boy up tomorrow night. I'm already thawing out the salmon in the fridge. One of my favorite things to throw on the grill is Whole Foods already made burgers. There's a turkey chipotle burger that's absolutely delicious -- lean turkey meat grounded with red, orange and yellow peppers, scallions, onions and chipotle seasoning. It's the best. Trust me and go pick a few up. You'll love 'em.

3. Spring Fashions

I know a new season's upon us when I want a new bag. Sure enough, last week at Nordstrom, I fell in love with this Rebecca Minkoff:


This bag is perfect -- light gray with neon green lining. Long strap for comfort, short for cute. I have to have it. Problem is it's over $500. My goal is to have it by June -- a few dinners in, packing the lunch during the week, skimping on the number cabs I take -- and voila, a 25th birthday present for myself! Hurry up June 6th.

While on the subject of fashion, I usually put together a seasonal kit for the BD's (a few of them need a little help in this department -- not naming names!), but with S&S now in action, I think I'll take it to the blog.

Stay tuned!
S&S

No comments:

Post a Comment