Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Healthy and Delicious

As most of you reading this know, in the past year or so I've gotten very into cooking. And, when I cook, I usually try to be healthy -- I only cook with lean meats...I use a lot of 99% lean turkey meat (thanks Jennie-O) and I've even recently given up red meat completely. It's only been about a month...we'll see how long I can last (I'm a little nervous about seeing an In-N-Out Burger in Vegas this weekend), but I'm really trying!

Anyway, I got to do some FUN spokesperson research today for one of my clients (whom I will never discuss) on our very own Bethenny Frankel from Real Housewives of NYC. Sidenote: Why does she spell her name like that? It was really annoying to type all day and seeing a constant red line underneath her name drove me bonkers, seriously. Anyway, after reading her blog and stalking her web site, I came across her list of recipes.

Don't they look delicious?! Here's a list of all the things I want to try:

The SkinnyGirl™ Margarita (obviously, although I don't know if my friends will let me drink Tequila again, long story)
Low Fat Fudge Chocolate Chip Muffins
Goat Cheese Sundried Tomato Chicken Breasts (one of my favorites)
Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms (I was recently told that mushrooms are the only other natural source of Vitamin D, besides sunlight. Soooo, naturally, I'm eating them whenever I can)
Roasted Spicy Broccoli (love, love, love spicy)
Comfort Turkey Meatloaf
Healthy Rainbow Shrimp Pasta
Ultra healthy Mexican chili (I already make something very similar)
Mexican Turkey Burger

So now, while I'm watching RHONYC, I can make all of Bethenny's famous, healthy recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out!

More to come,
S&S


No comments:

Post a Comment