Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jean Dilemma

There's nothing better than finding the perfect pair of jeans. A few years ago, I discovered Paige jeans. And, if you have a booty (yet a small waist) they're perfect. Every pair of Paige jeans I ever try on, I'm instantly in love with.

It's pretty difficult to pull of the "skinny jean" look if you're a girl with a butt and hips. But, Paige jeans make it work. I've lived in my skinny Paige jeans all year.

But, I've had a few instances with this brand of jeans that I love so much, that have made me question my loyalty.

1. I've had the below paige jeans for at least two years. Last Easter (I don't know if it was all the chocolate and deviled eggs, or the delicious feast Scoot's stepbrother Zach and I cooked up) but, I went to sit on the couch and riiiiiiiiip there was suddenly a tear in my inner thigh. I don't care how much I eat on any particular holiday, $200 jeans just shouldn't rip.

2. Still loyal to the brand that fits so well and looks just right, I bought these this fall. Two months new, I'm crawling into the back seat of my Dad's SVU en route to the Blackhawks game and riiiiiiip a big hole in the knee. Now, I know the hole thing is in, but I didn't want these particular jeans to have a hole and for what I paid, that rip just shouldn't have happened.

3. The pair I discussed in #1 rip again this past weekend. Now, I know I probably shouldn't have been hula hooping at Stanley's on a Saturday night, but COME ON. I got them repaired once and I don't want to deal with the humility of taking them back to the tailor for her to give me that look "maybe you should stop squeezing your fat ass into this size you grew out of two years ago."

So, here's the dilemma: do I order another pair (below) of Paige jeans I so desperately want? Or, will history repeat itself. Is there another brand out there that fits big booty (small waisted) girls so perfectly? Please help -- in desperate need of perfect fitting "summer" jeans.


I should also note that I have two pairs that haven't ripped at all...so, I guess I'm 50%. I should also note that i've tried on the next size up and TRUST ME, I'm getting the right size!

2 comments:

  1. i aboslutely 100% LOVE paige denim. every pair fits me like a glove, UNTIL the crotch rips!! WTF? usually about a year in. same with my AGs.

    this winter i discovered express's Mia jeans (i LOVE the super dark skinny mia's, i own 3 pairs.) my suggestion is to pick up a pair of those - get the longs cuz theyll shrink right up (like 3+ inches) in the wash.

    its so refreshing to pay $40-$60 for jeans for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried on about 100 pairs of jeans this year to find my perfect pair, and I can't fit into Paige, although I wish I could. I'm in between their sizes which sucks. But I now LOVE Hudson. You can get a pair with the thicker waist band too which helps keep them up over bigger booties :)

    ReplyDelete