Friday, April 10, 2009

No Plans = Bliss

For the first time in awhile, we have ZERO plans this weekend. No basketball, no engagement or birthday parties, no friends or family in town. While many may think it sounds lame, i'm over the moon about it.

What to do, what to do? Isn't that the best? There are so many things I say I never have time for and now, 2 full days to do whatever it is I need to do.

First on the list, try a new restaurant tonight. Scoot and I have a deal: I cook during the week and then on the weekend nights he treats. Last Friday we went to Terragusto and it was amazing. It's a BYOB family style Italian restaurant that only uses the freshest local and sustainably grown ingredients. We had the mixed salad, baked polenta with sage, gorgonzola & pinenuts, ravioli di magro, gnocchi di semola con gamberi e cavoletti and the organic free-range half chicken as our entree. It was amazing and so cheap without the alcohol charge (we brought an $8 bottle of cab).

Tonight, I'm thinking of trying Think in the Wicker Park area. The cold water cured smoked salmon look delcious and Scoot will love the homemade lump crab cakes (although being from Maryland, he's always leery about crab that's not straight from the inner harbor).

Second, some much needed exercise. During the week it's hard to find time for a full workout -- I usually go to a quick class or jog a few miles, but never have time for Bikram or a long run. I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow and pay $15 to rid my body of all the toxins -- Bikram Yoga Chicago, i'm coming back.

Then on Sunday, before endulging in a huge Easter dinner (cooked by Zach and myself -- i'll share recipes later) i'm doing the boat run. It's a familiar term used by my friends. All of us who live North of Fullerton do the boat run, which means running to North Avenue Beach and back. It's about 6 or 7 miles.

Third, spring shopping. The weather's finally getting to the point, where it's not bad walking around Michigan avenue or Halsted and Armitage. Although the money's not there, I feel like I need a few more things to kick-off spring: 1. A trip to Lori's for some new Sandals (thoughts on the below?) and 2. New workout clothes (treating myself to a few things at Lululemon).


Aside from these three musts for the weekend, i'll be out enjoying the weather (if it's nice), cuddling up on the couch with Knit Two (hoping it starts to get better because right now it's not comparing to The Friday Night Knitting Club) and spending time with the usual crowd.

I hope your Easter weekend is as wonderful as mine's looking to be.

p.s. My most memorable Easter moment is in college when my parents had sent me an Easter basket (hey, what happened to that?) and coming home one night to find that my best friend had eaten my entire chocolate bunny from Malley's (you'd understand if you were from cleveland) excluding the ear. Oh, how I want to put my college pants back on and jester in E104.


2 comments:

  1. Yeahh, so I clearly have an obession with chocolate....oy vey.

    You weekend sounds fab...enjoy! And I LOVE Lulelemon - hope you get some good gear. Thanks for the Real Love video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious about the chocolate. That reminds me when me and Gil ate the whole box of chocolates after her bday in NYC that Bill got you. Bill somehow discovered the empty box that was shoved under the bed. He was VERY disappointed with us. LOL

    ReplyDelete