Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Love for Real Housewives...

Just keeps getting stronger. I can't help it. I thought Bravo mastered it when RHOC came out. BUT, then NYC and Atlanta (my least favorite of all) and finally New Jersey.

Four different cities, many very different - yet all crazy - women, but one me, glued to the TV every Tuesday night. I can't help it. I know it's trashy TV, but it's like a car wreck for me, I can't look away.

I've always ranked them:
1. Orange County (you'll never find another Vicki)
2. New York (gotta love the Jill/Bethenny duo)
3. Atlanta (don't tivo this one, but if it's on, I'll watch)

When I saw the previews for New Jersey, I was all COME ON, CAN WE GET A LITTLE MIDWEST LOVE?! I totally thought New Jersey would be a more trashy version of New York (it's the armpit of America, right?!). But, no, Bravo you did me proud yet again with these lovely ladies:

IT'S LIKE THE REAL LIFE SOPRANOS, following the women instead of the men. What could be better? I love Sopranos. Who doesn't? Scoot and I are 100% addicted -- watch the reruns non-stop. Don't believe me? We were Tony and Carmella for Halloween. Well, sort of...

Ok, I know we don't look anything like them. Scoot refused to put a pillow in his shirt and I refused to wear a blonde wig (I wore one last year as Kendra from Girls Next Door and it was way too itchy). So, by the end of the night, we were Chrissy and Ade, or Tony and his Goomah. Either way, I had the leopard shirt and gold jewelry and he rocked the leather jacket, slicked back hair and cigar all night.

Anyway, back to New Jersey. Did anyone catch the little taste that Bravo gave us the Tuesday before last? These women are unreal! The accents, the houses, the cars, the "blood is thicker than water" in my family deal. I can't believe all of them are related - it's the perfect real life sopranos - construction company, loaded, huge Italian family. 

And, even better, the upcoming scenes for the season look amazing -- not just cat fights, full on fist fights and throwing tables. I love it. Tuesday night just got even better then Gaslight $5 salads and $5 glasses of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment