Monday, April 6, 2009

Red's Ways to Save

My roommate is a coupon cutter. She is a 23 year-old active, beer drinking, dancing, up for anything young girl who at times gets herself caught in an older woman's (I believe it's her Mother's) body. She even has a coupon booklet and cuts them every weekend. And even though I have no desire to become a coupon cutter, I admit, I do get jealous when I see how much she's saved at our weekly trips to the grocery. So, I lent her my blog, so she could fill all of you in on how she saves. Enjoy!

****************************

Whether its getting your haircut at the Aveda School for $15 or bringing your lunch to work everyday- we're all trying to save a couple bucks here and there. Times are tough which brings me to my guest post topic: COUPONS!

I've recently found a neat site on facebook called Groupon. Similar to Restaurant.com - this website sends you a daily e-mail advertising deals for local bars and restaurants. It just so happens that they sent me one for a bar in my work building - spend $10 and we'll give you a $20 coupon. I was like, "This is great!" I immediately told all my friends at work and we used it Friday night for happy hour drinks and appetizers. Check it out- I definitely recommend it.

Another way to save some cash is at the grocery store which is by far my absolute favorite way to save money. I save an average $30 every Sunday. How you ask? Cutting coupons! Yup- it's so simple and makes grocery shopping that much more exciting. We unfortunately don't get the Sunday paper, but good ole trusty Mom sends me a package once a month with mail and you guessed it, coupons! However, I recently found coupons in the weekend editions of the Red Eye and the best part is the Red Eye is free!

Bed, Bath, & Beyond - you can't tell me you don't have a couple of the blue BB&B coupons laying around your house right now. They are always in your mailbox and seem to pop up everywhere. I bet you didn't know they never expire- yup, that's right- you can use these guys whenever you want. And get this- if you have a Linens & Things still (they recently went out of business) they will honor your BB&B coupons there too!

Happy Savings!
RED

No comments:

Post a Comment